Once again I'm hijacking Celebrations to give you all a chance to win something! The Amazing SCBWI British Isles Annual Conference has already been announced, which means it's time for me to announce the highly popular badge design competition!
Last year's gorgeous illustrations and witty writing-and-illustrating-related slogans were truly fabulous and I know this year's will be just as good. Everyone can have a go as long as you're a SCBWI member. So what are we looking for?
Fun illustrations, designs, or short witty slogans that would make great pin-badges for this year's conference.
This is a great chance to see your work on the chests (or jackets, bags, hats or conference name tags) of everyone who matters… can you afford not to take part?! Who knows where it might lead and there are prizes - oh yes!
Apart from fame, glory and a bit of free publicity:
- First Prize is a complete set of ALL the other badges selected as winners.
- Second Prize is a half set of badges (including the winning badge and your designs)
- Runner up prizes for all chosen badge designs are two badges of your design.
1. Any SCBWI member can submit their best ideas/designs before noon Sunday 7th September 2014, by e-mail to Kathy Evans at firstname.lastname@example.org – head your email: "SCBWI Badge Competition".
2. The final badges must include either a reference to SCBWI British Isles or the logo.
3. The badges are round and 38mm in diameter.
4. Illustrators - please don't e-mail hi resolution images unless we ask you for them.
5. Writers – due to the high number of orphan slogans last year, you are limited to one slogan-only entry. HOWEVER why not team up with an illustrator and work together and then you can submit as many as you like. See Rule 6.
6. If you are a writer struggling to find an illustrator or an illustrator seeking a writer to work with please e-mail, email@example.com and I'll do my best to team you up with someone.
7. The best designs or slogans will be selected by our judges and will then be made into pin badges in time to sell at the conference – the badge committee's decision will be final.
8. Deadline for entries is 7th September 2014
Badges will be sold in aid of British SCBWI. Badges will be on sale for £1.50 a badge – but you can buy 3 for £3! Snap yours up early during the conference – the most popular designs sell out quickly - show everyone you're a proud member of SCBWI!
As usual, we're also on the lookout for a few volunteers to help sell the badges at the conference during breaks. It's a great way to mix, meet people at the conference and support SCBWI in a really simple way. Please let me know at firstname.lastname@example.org if you'd like to be a badge seller.
I can't wait to see your designs! Good luck!